How to apply for a return authorization

Imagine that you want to visit your family this Christmas and you have to leave Spain, but your residence permit is pending renewal or extension. You will then need to apply for a return authorization that allows you to leave the country and return when you enter within 90 days. Who can apply for a […]

Extension of stay for studies in Spain

The extension of stay for studies is the renewal of the initial permit to carry out a training activity, a university degree, an exchange for studies, research projects or to provide a volunteer service. You can apply for an extension of stay for studies whether you wish to continue with the same studies for which […]

Options to stay in Spain when you finish your studies

Maybe you have recently finished your Bachelor’s or Master’s degree and you are considering staying in Spain. Now, you are wondering what your options are. In this post we will tell you about some of the options you have and their main characteristics. You will be able to analyze which one best suits your situation […]

What are the requirements to telework from Spain as a foreigner?

In recent years, there has been a boom in teleworking, a modality that offers numerous advantages and facilities. It exists the possibility of teleworking for any part of the world, without moving from our homes. But, perhaps you would like to move from home and have the experience of living in Spain, is it possible? […]

How to obtain Spanish nationality by residence

Thanks to the possibility of processing the application electronically, obtaining Spanish nationality by residence is now easier. Requirements for acquiring Spanish nationality by residence. Continuous residence in Spain. Valid documentation. No criminal record, both in your country of origin and in Spain. Good conduct. Integration. To be eligible for Spanish nationality by residence you must […]

ETIAS, the new authorization to travel to Europe

As of 2024, citizens from at least 60 countries will need ETIAS, the new authorization to travel to Europe. The European Travel Information and Authorization System, ETIAS, is an authorization, not a visa. This means that citizens who do not need a visa to enter the Schengen area will still not need a visa. Procedure […]

Income Tax Return 2022-2023

From April 11 until June 30 is the deadline established for Spaniards to file, as every year, the Income Tax Return. One of the novelties of this year is that taxpayers who receive incomes of less than 15,000€ and who come from more than one payer will not be obliged to declare. Up to now, […]

Family Regrouping in Spain

Family reunification is the legal procedure in which a non-European citizen brings another non-European citizen to Spain and, through him/her, grants him/her a residence and work permit. Which family members can be reunited? Parents and in-laws The first thing you should know is that to bring your parents or any other family member to Spain […]

Long-term visas in Spain

There are several types of visas. Transit visa, short-stay visa and long-stay visa. Depending on the intended activity and the length of stay required, the appropriate one should be requested. Work visas Authorization for residence and self-employment. The holder of this permit is authorized to start a business, if he/she complies with certain requirements such […]

What is the Blue Card and how to apply for it?

Designed to attract qualified talent to Europe, the Blue Card is a temporary residence and work authorization similar to the permit granted to highly qualified workers. The difference is that in order to obtain the Blue Card, the job for which the applicant is applying must be on the job shortage list; or there are […]

E.U. Citizen Registration Certificate

If you are an EU citizen and you want to live in Spain for a period of more than three months, you will need to apply for a certificate of registration of the European Union. The application must be made in person at the Oficina de Extranjería, or at the Police Station in the province […]

How to apply for non-profit residence in Spain

The initial non-lucrative residence visa is granted to non-EU citizens who can prove sufficient funds to reside in Spain without performing any type of economic activity for one year. It is renewable for two years, twice consecutively; and in the third renewal, long-term residence in Spain may be requested. The non-lucrative residence can be requested […]