How to apply for a return authorization
6 October, 2022duguech
Imagine that you suddenly have to leave Spain but your residence permit is up for renewal or extension. You will then need a return authorization that allows you to leave the country and return when you enter within 90 days.
Who can apply for a return authorization?
To apply for a return authorization you must meet the following conditions:
- Be the holder of a residence or stay permit and have initiated renewal or extension procedures.
- Be the holder of a valid foreigner’s identity card (TIE) and have submitted a request for a duplicate card due to theft, loss, etc.
- Proof that the trip you wish to make is due to a situation of need, and that your foreigner’s identity card is currently being processed.
Documentation to request the return authorization
- Copy of the complete passport or valid travel document.
- Copy of the application for renewal or extension of the residence permit, or proof of its presentation.
- Application form in official model (EX-13) completed and signed.
- Documentation that accredits that the trip responds to a situation of necessity and special circumstances.
- Payment of the corresponding fee.
- Remember to submit the original and photocopy of each document. If required, all documentation must be translated into Spanish or the co-official language of the territory where the application is made.
What are special circumstances?
The Foreigners’ Regulations do not indicate specific exceptional situations, but it is understood that these are situations that can be justified and certified, such as, for example, medical treatment outside the country; the completion of legal or judicial procedures; and of course, the death of a family member outside Spain.
If your application has been approved, you must pick it up personally, or through a legal representative, at the Immigration Office or Police Station corresponding to your place of residence.
The return authorization is valid for all departures and subsequent return required during the validity of the authorization.
If you need to process your foreigner’s identity card, apply for a return authorization or any other procedure as a foreigner, at Duguech&Dip we can help you with the whole process. Schedule an appointment with us.
Since legal advice must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case, and laws are constantly changing, nothing on this article should be used as a substitute for the advice of competent legal counsel. The content on this article is offered only as information. And does not constitute solicitation or provision of legal advice. You should always consult a suitably qualified lawyer regarding any specific legal problem or matter.
© 2022 Duguech & Dip, S.L.P. – All rights reserved.