How to apply for non-profit residence in Spainduguech
The initial non-lucrative residence visa is granted to non-EU citizens who can prove sufficient funds to reside in Spain without performing any type of economic activity for one year.
It is renewable for two years, twice consecutively; and in the third renewal, long-term residence in Spain may be requested.
The non-lucrative residence can be requested jointly with the family. It is not necessary to wait for one year of residence as in the current family reunification procedure.
Each year lived in Spain with the non-lucrative residence counts towards the total required for the nationality.
Requirements to apply for non-profit residence.
- Not to be in Spain in an irregular situation
- Not to have a criminal record in Spain and in the countries where he/she has resided during the last five years.
- Not to be listed as a refusable person in the territorial space of countries with which Spain has signed an agreement in this sense.
- To have sufficient economic means to cover his expenses and, if necessary, those of his family without the need to carry out any work or professional activity.
- To have a medical insurance arranged with an entity authorized to operate in Spain.
- Not to be, if applicable, within the period of commitment not to return to Spain that the foreigner has assumed when returning voluntarily to his/her country of origin.
- Not to suffer from any of the diseases that may have serious public health repercussions in accordance with the provisions of the International Health Regulations of 2005.
- Pay the corresponding fee for the procedure.
- Valid passport valid for at least one year.
What does it mean to have sufficient financial means?
According to the regulations, the IPREM (Indicador Público de Renta de Efectos Múltiples) is the reference to establish that the applicant has sufficient financial means to support himself/herself.
This indicator defines the minimum amount of money a person must earn annually to be eligible for different subsidies.
In the case of non-profit residency, it is necessary to demonstrate that 400% of the IPREM is available in the bank account annually.
Procedure for the application for non-profit residence
- The application for non-lucrative residence is made in person at the Spanish consular office of the country where the applicant resides.
- Once the application has been presented, the Delegation or Subdelegation of the Government, will resolve the concession or denial in the maximum term of one month.
- The effectiveness of the authorization will be subject to the issuance, if applicable, of the visa and the effective entry of the foreigner into the national territory.
- If the resolution is unfavorable, the diplomatic mission or consular office will notify the resolution.
If you need more information on how to process the application for non-profit residence, call us. In Duguech&Dip we have more than ten years of experience processing this visa.
Since legal advice must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case, and laws are constantly changing, nothing on this article should be used as a substitute for the advice of competent legal counsel. The content on this article is offered only as information. And does not constitute solicitation or provision of legal advice. You should always consult a suitably qualified lawyer regarding any specific legal problem or matter.
© 2023 Duguech & Dip, S.L.P. – All rights reserved.