Restrictions continue at the borders of the European Union until June 30
15 June, 2020duguech
The Government has announced that non-essential trips to the European Union and to Schengen partner countries continue to be suspended until June 30.
Despite the end of the state of alarm scheduled for June 21, the extension of temporary travel restrictions at the external borders of the European Union remains until a later date, according to the Official State Gazette (BOE).
Controls at the internal land, air and sea borders have also been extended successively due to the health crisis caused by COVID-19, and will remain in force until the end of the state of alarm.
- Habitual residents in the European Union, in the associated Schengen States or Andorra, who go directly to their place of residence.
- Holders of a long-term visa issued by a Member State or Schengen Associated State who apply to it.
- Cross-border workers.
- Healthcare or elderly care professionals who go to or return from exercising their work activity.
- Personnel dedicated to the transport of goods in the exercise of their work activity, such as the crew of ships, in order to ensure the provision of maritime transport services and fishing activity; and the flight personnel necessary to carry out commercial air transport activities. It will be an indispensable condition that they ensure the immediate continuation of the trip.
- Diplomatic, consular, international organizations, military personnel and members of humanitarian organizations, in the exercise of their functions.
- People traveling for imperative family reasons duly accredited.
- People who document documentary reasons of force majeure or situation of need, or whose entry is allowed for humanitarian reasons.
This information does not constitute legal advice under any circumstances, serving only for informational purposes. If you need professional services in the field of Global Immigration and Mobility, please contact us.
* It should be borne in mind that the regulations of any of the countries analyzed, as well as the established procedures, may change at any time and without prior notice.
© 2020 Duguech & Dip, S.L.P. – All rights reserved