This Residence Authorization allows you to legally reside in Spain for an initial period of two years, provided you have a business plan of interest to the Spanish economy.
What does it mean to have a business or entrepreneurial project?
Have a business plan, from conceptualization and design, where it can be seen: the innovation that your project brings to the Spanish economy, your experience in the entrepreneurial field to be developed, your capacity to generate employment in the national market and your economic growth.
The benefits granted by this residence authorization are grouped into two main aspects:
• Single authorization to reside and work, valid for the entire national territory, including dependent family members if they meet the foreseen requirements (spouse, minor children and other dependents).
• Freedom of movement in the Schengen states.
Requirements to apply for your residence permit for entrepreneurs
If you have a business project that you consider adds value to the Spanish economy and the environment in which we live, it contributes innovation and job creation, then evaluate these requirements to apply for your residence authorization.
• Not be irregularly in Spanish territory.
• Being over 18 years.
• Lacking a criminal record in Spain for crimes provided for in the Spanish legal system; and in the countries where you have resided for the last five years,
• Not appear as rejectable in the territorial space of countries with which Spain has signed an agreement in this regard.
• Have health insurance arranged with an insurance company authorized to operate in Spain.
• Have sufficient financial resources for themselves and for their family members during their period of residence in Spain.
• Pay the fee for processing the authorization or visa.
Procedure to request your residence authorization for entrepreneurs
If the entrepreneur is in Spain with a residence or residence authorization:
• It will be processed electronically and it is preferable to have legal advice.
• The initial duration of the residence authorization in case it is granted will be two years, if applicable, renewable.
• Under this assumption there is room: investors with a business project that is going to be developed in Spain and that is considered and accredited as being of general interest; and those who plan to enter and stay in Spain for a period of one year with the sole or main purpose of carrying out the prior procedures to carry out an entrepreneurial activity.
• In the case of an investor with a business project, the interested party must submit a favorable report from the Commercial Office in the area of geographical demarcation, including the visa application, to verify that the business project includes reasons of general interest.
• In the case of Entrepreneurs, an entrepreneurial activity will be understood as one that is innovative in nature, with special interest for Spain and for this purpose has a favorable report from the Commercial Office where the investor submits the visa application.
Model of residence authorization application
Specific documentation for entrepreneurs
Documentation for relatives
REQUEST FOR A FAVORABLE REPORT FOR ENTREPRENEURIAL AND BUSINESS ACTIVITY
Additionally and according to each case, extra documentation may be requested to support and accompany the information provided in the applications. The legal adviser will be able to support you in this. Each review and analysis is careful, so it is recommended in this type of residence authorization, to support with as much documentation as possible under legal advice.
You can apply for this residence authorization together with your family. The relatives who can apply for this residence permit are:
• Your spouse or partner.
• Minor children
• Children of legal age who are economically dependent on the owner and have not themselves constituted a family unit.
• The ascendants in charge, that is, your parents, who meet or accompany the owner.
They must comply with the necessary documentation and the request to join this authorization may be requested jointly and simultaneously or successively.
The spouse or person with a similar relationship of affection, the minor or older children who, depending on the owner’s financial situation, have not themselves constituted a family unit and the dependent ascendants, who meet or accompany the owner, may jointly request and simultaneously or successively, the authorization and, where appropriate, the visa if they prove that they meet the requirements set forth in the previous section.
*Our contribution from Duguech & Dip
- We have the right team to review the entrepreneurship project.
- We advise you to complete your file with the necessary documents so that the documentation presented is as complete and reliable as possible, for the reviewer of the Large Companies Unit.
- We carry out the procedures to request the viability of the project by recognized institutions.
- We can provide our professional services for electronic filing and follow up on it.
- You will receive individual advice for each of the relatives who accompany you in the application for the residence authorization.
- You will receive telephone advice at all times and in person if necessary
* This information does not constitute legal advice under any circumstances, serving only for informational purposes. If you need professional services in labor matters, please contact us.