Visa for highly qualified professionalsduguech
This residence permit can be applied for by non-European Union citizens who have a job offer in a Spanish company to occupy a managerial, technical, or highly qualified position with personnel under their charge.
The permit for highly qualified workers is regulated by the law 14/2013 of support to entrepreneurs and their internalization. Which means that it is not regulated by the Law on Foreigners, and it is processed before the Unit of Large Companies in Spain (UGE).
It is valid for three years with the possibility of renewal, as long as during those three years you work in the same company that hired you, performing the same functions for which the initial permit was granted.
Once the renewals are over, you may apply for permanent or long-term residence.
Who can apply?
- Foreign citizens completing their higher education at a prestigious university or business school.
- Executives and managers with a team under their command.
- Workers who have advanced knowledge to develop their activity in really specialized positions.
Requirements to apply for a highly skilled worker visa.
The highly qualified worker visa can be applied for by large corporations or companies with more than 250 employees, and a turnover of more than 50 million euros in revenue per year.
SMEs in a strategic sector for Spain certified by the Ministry of Industry, Tourism and Trade.
The most important requirement to apply for this visa is your educational background. Only those who have a master’s or doctoral degree, or who are graduates of a prestigious business school may apply for this permit.
- Valid passport
- Curriculum Vitae
- Academic qualifications
- Corresponding fee
- Description of the work you are going to perform in the company.
Advantages of the highly qualified worker visa
- Free movement within the Schengen zone countries
- You can apply jointly with your family.
- You can apply if you are in Spain on a tourist visa.
- The period granted by this permit counts for the application for Spanish nationality.
- It is a card valid in 25 countries of the European Union (Ireland and Denmark are excluded).
- You will be able to work in any region of Spain.
If you need more information on how to apply for your Highly Skilled Worker visa, please contact us. At Duguech&Dip we have more than ten years of experience as legal advisors in the transfer of workers. Give us a call.
Since legal advice must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case, and laws are constantly changing, nothing on this article should be used as a substitute for the advice of competent legal counsel. The content on this article is offered only as information. And does not constitute solicitation or provision of legal advice. You should always consult a suitably qualified lawyer regarding any specific legal problem or matter.
© 2023 Duguech & Dip, S.L.P. – All rights reserved.