Traffic restrictions in Portugalduguech
With the relaxation of restrictive measures on movement and displacement caused by the Covid-19, many people wonder if they will be able to travel. At Duguech & Dip you can find out about the restrictions of movement in the European Union.
- Portugal only admits travelers from the European Union, Liechtenstein, Norway, Switzerland and Iceland; passengers on flights from the Community of Portuguese Language Countries, United Kingdom, Brazil, USA, Canada, Venezuela and South Africa. Visa processing for third countries is currently suspended.
- You can only make transit if you travel by plane. Departure from the airport is prohibited.
- Road traffic within Portugal is prohibited. Except for international freight transport, emergency and rescue services, security forces and services, health and relief professionals, personnel assigned to the Special Rural Fire Fighting Device. Cross-border and seasonal workers, nationals and residence permit holders, diplomatic personnel, armed forces.
- Rail traffic is suspended, except for the transport of goods.
- Arrival by bus is authorized for Portuguese citizens, holders of residence permits, cross-border workers who work in Portugal and reside in another Member State or vice versa.
- The prohibition on the disembarkation of cruise passengers and crews in national ports continues. Except for Portuguese nationals and residents of the country.
- Travel within Portugal is permitted for family reunion purposes. Also, access to health units is allowed to citizens residing in another country and leaving Portugal.
- The access, circulation or permanence of people in public spaces, as well as meetings on public roads are limited to 10 people, unless they belong to the same household.
- In the Lisbon metropolitan area, all commercial and service establishments, as well as shopping centers, close at 20:00; except restaurants and establishments that provide home delivery.
- The sale and consumption of alcohol is prohibited in service areas, in open spaces accessible to the public, except in the outdoor spaces of duly authorized restaurants and drinks establishments.
- In shops, restaurants, bars and hotels, you must maintain social distance. Also, a mask should be worn.
- A beach occupancy status system will be implemented through a mobile application. However, the practice of sports activities with 2 or more people is prohibited. Except nautical activities, surf lessons and similar sports.
If you have questions regarding mobility restrictions in the European Union, contact Duguech & Dip, we will be happy to help you.
This information does not constitute legal advice under any circumstances, serving only for informational purposes. If you need professional services in the field of Global Immigration and Mobility, please contact us.
* It must be taken into account that the regulations of any of the countries analyzed, as well as the established procedures, may change at any time and without prior notice.
© 2020 Duguech & Dip, S.L.P. – All rights reserved