Spain opens its doors to tourists from third countries
24 June, 2021duguech
Since June 7, Spain has allowed entry to tourists from third countries, i.e., from outside the European Union, who present the complete Covid-19 vaccination protocol and a certificate recognized by the Ministry of Health.
In addition, tourists from third countries will be allowed to present the antigen test at the airport control, which is much cheaper than the PCR test required up to now.
The vaccination certificate must indicate one of the vaccines accepted by the European Medicines Agency (EMA):
Tourists from the European Union
Travelers from European Union member countries will be able to travel to Spain if they are vaccinated, if they have already had Covid-19 or with a negative test, which in this case can also be for antigens.
As has been done so far, all tourists must fill in the health form in the Spain Travel Health application.
- Since June 7, Spanish airports have had rapid checkpoints for tourists from countries included in the list of countries at risk. They will have to present the QR code issued by the SPTH application and the health form.
- The check will be carried out randomly, but the country of origin and the level of incidence will be considered.
- Children under six years of age will not have to undergo any of the requirements or controls.
- As of July 1, the EU Covid Digital Certificate will come into force, and this will also facilitate rapid controls.
In addition, international cruises will also be allowed as of this date. The exception is maintained for travelers from India, Brazil, and South Africa, who must keep a mandatory 10-day quarantine upon arrival in Spain and some restrictions on flights with the countries are maintained.
If you are planning to travel to Spain and have doubts about the procedure, schedule an appointment with Duguech&Dip. We will give you the legal advice you need.
This information does not constitute under any circumstances legal advice, serving only for informational purposes. In case you need professional services in Global Immigration and Mobility, please contact us.
* It should be taken into account that the regulations of any of the countries analyzed, as well as the established procedures, may change at any time and without prior notice.
© 2021 Duguech & Dip, S.L.P. – All rights reserved.