Residence for job search in Spain
11 May, 2022duguech
If you are a foreign student and you want to look for a job once you have finished your study program, here is how to obtain the Residence for job search in Spain.
The authorization to seek employment as a foreign student in Spain is a permit granted to non-EU citizens, that is, those who do not belong to the European Union, and who wish to extend their stay in the country.
The Residence for seeking employment in Spain will allow you to extend your stay for a year, during which you can set up your own business or find work as an employee.
To apply for the “Job search visa”, you must prove that you have reached at least level 6 in an authorized institution of higher education (this includes foreign students with a Título Superior de las Enseñanzas Artísticas Superiores) and, of course, have a student visa.
- Degree, certificate or proof of higher education of official qualification according to the European Qualifications Framework.
- Private medical insurance arranged with an authorized insurance company in Spain.
- Proof of sufficient financial resources for the period of the Residence for job search.
- Passport and NIE.
- Census registration.
- Certificate of favorable response from the immigration office.
- Application form EX-01. This is the same form as the non-profit residence visa. In this case you must check the option “Holder of stay for higher studies that ceases, for job search”.
- Payment of the corresponding fee.
The application for the Residence for job search is made online and must be submitted by the interested party or a legal representative.
As with study extensions, the application must be submitted during the 60 calendar days prior to the expiration date of the student stay and for 90 days thereafter.
The maximum and non-extendable concession period is 12 months from the day following the expiration of the previous study authorization.
To take into account
It is not a requirement to have been in Spain for three years as a student to access this permit.
The Residence for job search computes for the application of the Spanish nationality, this permit does not authorize you to work. It is a permit that is granted for one year in which you can look for a job or prepare what you need to create your own company. Once you obtain a job, you must apply for the corresponding work permit.
To be eligible for Residence and Work as an employee, students who apply for Residence for Employment must wait one year before they can change their status.
When you obtain the “Job search visa” you will be able to bring your partner or children legally.
The application process is usually fast. With a maximum of 20 days to obtain a resolution.
Have you finished your studies and want to stay a little longer to look for a job in Spain? Surely you are thinking of starting your own business, or doing an internship in one of the companies related to your recent training. If so, we can help you with whatever you need.
Make an appointment with Duguech&Dip. We can help you.
This information does not constitute under any circumstances legal advice, serving only for informational purposes. In case you need professional services in Global Immigration and Mobility, please contact us.
* It should be taken into account that the regulations of any of the countries analyzed, as well as the established procedures, may change at any time and without prior notice.
© 2022 Duguech & Dip, S.L.P. – All rights reserved.