Recognition of foreign university degrees in Spainduguech
If you are going to study and/or work in Spain, one of the most important steps will be the homologation of university degrees.
This procedure is carried out so that you can develop professionally in Spain and exercise a regulated profession under the same conditions as Spaniards who have a degree that qualifies them to work.
How do I apply for the homologation of university degrees?
The procedure can be carried out at any public registry of the General State Administration, Autonomous Communities, and some of the City Councils. You must complete the form on the website of the Ministry of Education, Culture and Sports of the Kingdom of Spain, submit the required documentation and pay the corresponding fee.
Documentation to be submitted
For the homologation to studies and titles of graduate in ESO and Baccalaureate
- Verified copy of the identity document. It will not be necessary to provide a copy of the DNI/NIE if you authorize its consultation.
- In case of acting through a representative, authorization to the representative to act in his/her name and a verified copy of his/her identity document.
- Verified copy of the official foreign degree or diploma or of the official certification accrediting the passing of the corresponding final exams.
- Verified copy of the accrediting certification of the courses taken, stating the subjects followed, the grades obtained and the academic years in which the respective courses were taken.
- When the studies prior to the foreigners have been carried out according to the Spanish educational system, official academic certification accrediting the same, or of the book of schooling or book of grades and/or of the academic record.
Documentation for the homologation to studies and titles of teachings of Special Regime (artistic teachings and sport teachings) must also be accredited:
- Verified copy of the academic certification of the courses taken in which the following data are stated:
- Total duration of the study plan passed to obtain the degree that is provided.
- Duration of each of the subjects taken by the applicant to obtain the degree being accredited.
- Verified copy of the academic certification accrediting the studies corresponding to special regime teachings taken prior to the ones to be validated.
- Verified copy of the certification issued by the educational authorities of the country of origin justifying the following points:
- Academic validity of the studies at the national level.
- Academic level of the degree or studies in the educational system of the country of origin.
- Academic degree awarded by the degree obtained, if applicable.
- Studies that can be accessed in the educational system of origin with the academic degree provided.
Documentation for the homologation to higher studies of artistic teachings must also be accredited:
Verified copy of the title or, if applicable, of the academic certification accrediting the passing of the previous studies of Baccalaureate or equivalent.
*Source: Ministry of Education and Vocational Training
If you have doubts about the procedure of homologation or validation of foreign degrees, in Duguech&Dip we can help you with the whole procedure of transfer, residence and work in Spain. Call us.
Since legal advice must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case, and laws are constantly changing, nothing on this article should be used as a substitute for the advice of competent legal counsel. The content on this article is offered only as information. And does not constitute solicitation or provision of legal advice. You should always consult a suitably qualified lawyer regarding any specific legal problem or matter.
© 2022 Duguech & Dip, S.L.P. – All rights reserved.