New Zealand restrictions by COVID-19duguech
The movement of passengers in the world is limited due to the COVID-19 pandemic. This has forced several countries to restrict the movement of millions of travelers. New Zealand, although it had already established restrictions, has tightened its measures by establishing “Alert level 4”.
These new restrictions are the result of the rapid expansion of the coronavirus. In fact, the Government has announced an epidemic management plan, to control the spread of COVID-19. And that will take effect on Thursday, April 2, 2020.
It is important to mention that any traveler who comes from areas affected by the COVID-19 outbreak may be exposed to additional health checks, medical check-ups, quarantine periods or entry bans. These immigration restrictions are the result of the rapid expansion of COVID-19. In fact, this informational alert can undergo changes and alterations that are unpredictable in a world health crisis scenario. The established restrictions can be tightened or relaxed at any time, considering that the situation is dynamic and constantly changing. That is why, given the need for displacement, we recommend confirmation of the measures in force before the official authorities of each country.
New restrictions imposed by New Zealand
- Citizens must stay home and businesses closed to the public, except essential services and public services.
- The visa processing offices will remain closed and work will be carried out with minimal personnel, taking care of what is really a priority. This affects the ability to respond to requests already started.
- The epidemic management plan includes among its measures:
- The extension of visas until September 25, 2020, for all those who are in the country with a temporary entry visa and that is valid on April 2. Even if the expiration date of the visa expires between April 2, 2020 and July 9, 2020, the visa will be automatically extended.
- Visas subject to this extension are: work visas, student visas, visitor visas and provisional and limited visas.
- If the visa expires before April 2, you must apply for a visa online before the current visa expires. And it will be accepted immediately.
At Duguech & Dip we will continue to report on the different restrictions that are implemented in different parts of the world due to quarantine.
Legal Notice: Since legal advice must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case, and laws are constantly changing, nothing on this article should be used as a substitute for the advice of competent legal counsel. The content on this article is offered only as information and does not constitute solicitation or provision of legal advice. You should always consult a suitably qualified lawyer regarding any specific legal problem or matter.
© 2020 Duguech & Dip, S.L.P. – All rights reserved