New subcategories in the the UK Global Business Mobility route
13 April, 2022duguech
From April 11, five new subcategories of the new Global Business Mobility route, under which foreign companies will be able to sponsor foreign workers and their family members or dependents, will open, the UK Home Office has announced.
The Global Business Mobility route is designed to help companies to set up the movement of workers and the legal processes according to the type of contract with the worker, as well as what is necessary for them and their family to stay in the UK.
For applications to proceed, a sponsor’s license must be obtained in the following cases:
- Graduate Trainee. Subcategory aimed at foreign graduate workers preparing for a position as a senior manager or specialist. The employee must be on a training program; and be completing a traineeship with a connected group company in the United Kingdom.
- Senior Worker or Specialist. This subcategory is for foreign nationals who will be working temporarily in the UK for a parent group company and replaces the Intra-Company Transfer (ICT) route.
- UK Expansion Worker. This subcategory is for foreign nationals who will work temporarily in the UK as a senior manager or specialist to establish a branch of their foreign-owned company.
- Service Provider. This subcategory is for foreign nationals who will work as a contract service provider employed by a foreign-owned company; or as a freelance professional based abroad and must provide services covered by one of the UK’s international trade agreements on a temporary basis.
- Worker on Secondment. Aimed at foreign nationals who move to the UK as part of a high-value contract or investment by a foreign-owned company and will work temporarily in the UK.
This information does not constitute under any circumstances legal advice, serving only for informational purposes. In case you need professional services in Global Immigration and Mobility, please contact us.
* It should be taken into account that the regulations of any of the countries analyzed, as well as the established procedures, may change at any time and without prior notice.
© 2022 Duguech & Dip, S.L.P. – All rights reserved.