New Special Unit Against Transnational Work Fraudduguech
The objective of the New Special Unit Against Transnational Work Fraud, is the coordination of all actions executed by the Work and Social Security Inspection, related to workforce mobility, as well as the fight against transnational work and non-official work in the EU.
Equally, the unit will coordinate the actions of the European Free Commerce Association, in cases of intraeuropean mobility where Spain is the country of origin or destination.
According to the State’s Official Newsletter (Boletín Oficial del Estado) the Special Unit Against Transnational Work Fraud actions are:
- To act as the office liaison between the European Labor Authorities, and control the movements of this entity, notifying the development of its work to the state.
- To participate in proceedings relating to any Social Security applicable legislation, in competent organizations’ legal proceedings.
- To support the relevant units in any normative elaboration processes relating to workforce, the fight against transnational workforce fraud, and/or non-official work in the EU.
- To coordinate with the General Relations Institutional and Technical Assistance Subdirection, overseeing and assisting in the elaboration of agreements, hearing letters, and collateral agreements with other Labor and/or Social Security members of the EU and the European Free Commerce Association.
- To participate in workforce groups relating to the workforce mobility legislation, exchanging and adopting new practices against non-official work, and the fight against transnational work fraud in the EU.
- To kick off the organizing and preparation of campaigns for the Workforce Inspection and Social Security to the National Office of Fight Against Fraud, notifying the results to the European Workforce Authorities.
- To coordinte with other organizations in the Work and Social Economy Ministry, and the Inclusion, Social Security, and Migration Ministry, with capabilities in relation to workforce mobility, the fight against transnational workforce fraud, and non-official work in the US. Particularly, the Social Security General Treasury, the Social Security National Institute, the Marine Social Institute, the Public Service of State Employment, the inspection of transportation in thee Transportation, Mobility and Urban Planning Ministry and the competent organizations of the Interior Ministry and Ministry of Finance.
- To Coordinate, organize, and participate in any inspections relating to the workforce mobility legislation, the fight against transnational workforce fraud, and/or non-official work in the EU.
- To provide administrative cooperation to other EU states, through the Internal Market Information Systems and the Social Security Coordination Systems, or any other officially approved means.
- To coordinate, consult, and if need be, impart formative courses, organized under the Workforce and Social Security Inspection; whether these are internal or a constitutional collaboration, under the direction of the Workforce and Social Security Inspection School.
- To partake in any other functions, on a need’s basis, related to workforce mobility in the EU.
The kickoff of the Special Unit Against Work Force Fraud is good news as this will favor the work coordinated between countries, guaranteeing work conditions to transferred workers during the duration of their services.
Have you ever suffered any type of discrimination, as a transnationally transferred worker in the EU?
Are you aware of the implications of disloyal competencies between organizations in the EU?
Do you know the main functions of the European Labor Authority, and how they can be applied to your work?
If you have any questions, or would like any more information, please contact Duguech & Dip, we are at your service.
This information does not constitute under any circumstances legal advice, serving only for informational purposes. In case you need professional services in Global Immigration and Mobility, please contact us.
* It should be taken into account that the regulations of any of the countries analyzed, as well as the established procedures, may change at any time and without prior notice.
© 2020 Duguech & Dip, S.L.P. – All rights reserved.