Job seeking residency visa in Spainduguech
Many students who were planning to apply for Job seeking residency in Spain have been forced to return to their country or have seen their process suspended. But little by little we are returning to normality, especially in terms of procedures and travel.
With the relaxation of some measures due to the Covid-19 health crisis, in Duguech&Dip we are attentive to how we can facilitate the legal procedures related to the Job searching residence or residence authorization for internships.
Who can apply for the Job seeking residency visa?
Individuals who are in Spain with a student permit and who have reached at least level 6 in an authorized higher education institution, including foreign students with a Higher Degree in Higher Artistic Education.
- Degree or certificate, or proof of higher education of official qualification in accordance with the European Qualifications Framework.
- Public or private health insurance arranged with an authorized insurance company in Spain.
- Proof of sufficient financial resources for the period of the Residence for job search.
The application for the Residence for job search must be submitted electronically by the interested party or an authorized third party.
As with study extensions, the application must be submitted within 60 calendar days prior to the expiration date of the student’s stay and within 90 days thereafter.
The maximum and non-extendable granting period is 12 months from the day following the expiration of the previous study leave.
- The Residence for job search grants the student authorization to seek employment or to become self-employed.
- The Residence for job search counts for the application for Spanish nationality.
- To be eligible for a Job seeking residency visa students applying for this must wait one year before they can change their status.
- It is not a requirement to have been in Spain for three years as a student to qualify for this permit.
- If you find a job during the authorization period, the job offer will be studied and will have to be within the Catalog of Difficult Coverage in Spain.
Have you finished your studies and want to stay a little longer to look for a job in Spain? Surely you are thinking of starting your own business or doing an internship in one of the companies related to your recent training. If so, we can help you with whatever you need.
Make an appointment with Duguech&Dip. We will be happy to help you.
This information does not constitute under any circumstances legal advice, serving only for informational purposes. In case you need professional services in Global Immigration and Mobility, please contact us.
* It should be taken into account that the regulations of any of the countries analyzed, as well as the established procedures, may change at any time and without prior notice.
© 2021 Duguech & Dip, S.L.P. – All rights reserved.