Immigration restrictions in Chile, India and Colombia
20 April, 2020duguech
The movement of passengers in the world continues to be limited due to the coronavirus pandemic. After a month of tightening the measures, several countries have established new immigration restrictions by COVID-19. Some of them are related to: the control of its borders, the movement and stay of citizens and foreigners.
It is important to mention that any traveler coming from areas affected by the COVID-19 outbreak may be exposed to additional health checks, medical check-ups, quarantine periods or entry bans.
These new immigration restrictions are the result of the rapid expansion of COVID-19. In fact, this informational alert can undergo changes and alterations that are unpredictable in a world health crisis scenario. The established restrictions can be tightened or relaxed at any time, considering that the situation is dynamic and constantly changing.
That is why, given the need for displacement, we recommend confirmation of the measures in force before the official authorities of each country.
New restrictions imposed by Chile
- Entry to the country through all routes and border posts has been restricted until April 22, 2020.
- Visa procedures at the Consular headquarters are temporarily suspended.
- The expiration of residence permits expired in 2019 is extended until December 31, 2020. Residence permits that expire in 2020 are extended for one year from the expiration date.
New restrictions imposed by India
- Visas have been suspended from March 13 to May 03, 2020.
- E-visas issued before March 11, 2020 to nationals of France, Germany or Spain are suspended.
New restrictions imposed by Colombia
- The entry of foreigners continues to be prohibited.
- The 14-day quarantine measure is maintained for travelers (residents and nationals) who have visited countries at risk in the previous 14 days.
- Procedures at the Colombian Immigration offices are suspended until May 30, 2020.
At Duguech & Dip we will continue to report on the different restrictions that are implemented in different parts of the world due to quarantine.
This information does not constitute legal advice under any circumstances, serving only for informational purposes.
In case you need professional services in the field of Global Immigration and Mobility, contact us.
* It must be taken into account that the regulations of any of the analyzed countries as well as the established procedures may change at any time and without prior notice.
© 2020 Duguech & Dip, S.L.P. – All rights reserved