Immigration restrictions in Australia, New Zealand and Algeriaduguech
The movement of passengers in the world continues limited and even restricted, due to the coronavirus pandemic. After a month of resistance to the measures, several countries have been forced to establish by COVID-19, new immigration restrictions for: the control of their borders, the displacement and the stay of citizens and foreigners.
It is important to mention that any traveler from areas identified by the COVID-19 outbreak may be exposed to additional health checks, medical checks, quarantine restrictions, or entry bans.
These new immigration restrictions are the result of the rapid expansion of COVID-19. In fact, this informational alert can undergo changes and alterations that are unpredictable in a world health crisis scenario. The established restrictions can be lasted or relaxed at any time, determined that the situation is dynamic and constantly changing.
That is why, given the need for displacement, we recommend confirmation of the measures in force before the official authorities of each country.
New restrictions imposed by Australia
- Entrances to the country have been suspended for any foreigner. Only Australian travelers and permanent residents are admitted.
- All passenger entries are subject to a 14-day quarantine period at designated centers.
- Qantas airline has suspended all its international flights from March 31 to May 31.
- Immigration offices remain operational.
New restrictions imposed by New Zealand
- Visas that expire before April 1 must apply for the visa online, if staying in New Zealand.
- Visas that expire between April 1 and September 9 will be automatically extended until September 25.
- Entry to New Zealand of non-resident foreign travelers has been suspended.
- A 14-day quarantine has been established for any traveler seeking to enter the country.
New restrictions imposed by Algeria
- Since last March 19, all incoming and outgoing flights to and from Europe have been suspended.
- The Ministry of Labor suspends the processing of work permits, including renewal.
At Duguech & Dip we will continue to report on the different restrictions that are implemented in different parts of the world due to quarantine.
This information does not constitute legal advice under any circumstances, serving only for informational purposes.
In case you need professional services in the field of Global Immigration and Mobility, contact us.
* It must be taken into account that the regulations of any of the analyzed countries as well as the established procedures may change at any time and without prior notice.
© 2020 Duguech & Dip, S.L.P. – All rights reserved