How to obtain the student visa extension
1 April, 2022duguech
The students visa extension is a permission that allows you to stay in Spain while you study, but it is only granted for a year. Probably, the academic programme you have chosen will exceed this period. It can be a professional degree, a master’s degree, a doctorate, or any other type of formation.
How to obtain your academic extension visa? I Will explain it to you below:
The extension of the student visa is an authorisation for foreign college students to enlarge their academic programme or do voluntary services.
- Original and copy of the official application form (EX-00) duly completed and signed by the student or his/her legal representative.
- Updated passport or travel document.
- Documentation accrediting the necessary financial means for the stay.
- Documentation accrediting the specific requirements with regards to the studies, non-work placements or voluntary services that are going to be carried out.
- Payment of the extension fees Form 790 code 052 which must be paid within ten working days and will be due when the application is accepted for processing.
To apply for the student extension visa, you must have an initial visa for academic programmes longer that 90 days. If your studies are less than 3 months, and you want to stay in Spain as a student, you must apply for the student visa at the Spanish Consular Office in your home country.
- Certify that you have passed the exams for your studies; sign a non-labour internship agreement in relation with your studies; or prove that you are going to carry out voluntary services.
- Provide financial means to cover the costs of the stay in Spain and your return to your home country.
- Have a public or private medical insurance that covers the risks contemplated in the Spanish regulation.
- The student can do the application in any public register, but the application must be addressed to the office for foreigners in the province where you live. It can also be done online with an electronic ID card or a digital signature certificate.
- The application deadline is 60 calendar days before the expiry date of the student visa. It can also be submitted within 90 calendar days after the expiry of the permit.
- The resolution is expected within 3 months of the application.
- If you have made a joint application with your family members, the student visa extension will also extend the duration of the stay of your family members.
Do you want to extend your student visa? Your permit is about to expire, and you don’t know if you want to stay longer in Spain? Do you want to make a joint application with your family?
If you wish to know more information about the student visa extension, book an appointment with us. We wait for you at Duguech&Dip.
This information does not constitute under any circumstances legal advice, serving only for informational purposes. In case you need professional services in Global Immigration and Mobility, please contact us.
* It should be taken into account that the regulations of any of the countries analyzed, as well as the established procedures, may change at any time and without prior notice.
© 2022 Duguech & Dip, S.L.P. – All rights reserved.