How to obtain an entrepreneur visa in Spain
13 October, 2021duguech
If you want to obtain an entrepreneur visa in Spain and you are a foreigner you have several options: the entrepreneur visa, Golden Visa or Residence for Investors, and the permit for highly qualified workers.
These permits are regulated under the Entrepreneurs Law, which aims to facilitate the process of creating new companies, as well as their internationalization.
The entrepreneur visa allows you to live in Spain for two years, as long as your project or startup is of general interest to the Spanish economy. This means that non-EU citizens who want to set up a business in Spain must present an innovative business idea to obtain the permit. The criteria for your business to be considered of general interest for the Spanish economy are:
- A business plan that generates employment
- A business with national and foreign investment opportunities
- A business with a high level of technological development
Advantages of the entrepreneurs visa
- If your project is sufficiently innovative and is of general interest to the Spanish economy, you will be spared the process of obtaining a regular work visa.
- The entrepreneur visa allows free movement within the Schengen area countries.
- You can apply for the entrepreneur visa together with your family. If granted, you will be able to travel with your partner and your children if they are minors.
- Generating employment with your startup is not a prerequisite at first. That is, you must demonstrate that you will be able to do so in the long term, but it is not a strict requirement at the time of application.
- You can apply for the entrepreneur visa through a legal representative if you are not in Spain.
Investor Residency or Golden Visa
- The so-called Golden Visa is a special type of permit for non-EU citizens who want to live in Spain and make an investment.
- The Golden Visa allows you to work and live legally in Spain.
- To obtain the Golden Visa it is not necessary to be a resident in Spain and it only requires the applicant to travel to Spanish territory once a year.
- With the Golden Visa you have freedom of movement in the Schengen zone.
- It can be applied for at the same time as your spouse’s and children’s residence permit.
- To apply for the residence for investors it is not a requirement to be in Spain. You can do it through a legal representative.
Work permit for highly qualified workers
This residence permit allows non-EU citizens to live and work legally in Spain, as long as they have a job offer in a Spanish company and it is to occupy a qualified position, or a managerial position with personnel under their charge. The job profiles required to apply for this permit are:
- Executives and managers with a team under their charge
- Workers with specialized knowledge who perform their work activity in really technical and specific positions. Non-EU citizens who complete their higher education at a prestigious university or business school
- If you want to invest in real estate business in Spain, or you have an innovative idea to create a startup, schedule an appointment with Duguech&Dip. We provide you with the legal advice you need to get the entrepreneur visa that fits your needs
This information does not constitute under any circumstances legal advice, serving only for informational purposes. In case you need professional services in Global Immigration and Mobility, please contact us.
* It should be taken into account that the regulations of any of the countries analyzed, as well as the established procedures, may change at any time and without prior notice.
© 2021 Duguech & Dip, S.L.P. – All rights reserved.