How to apply for government aid for SMEs and the self-employed
14 July, 2022duguech
Until September 15, 2022, SMEs and the self-employed will be able to apply for the Digital Kit, the Government aid to acquire new technology for their business.
According to the Official State Gazette (BOE), the Administration will grant aid as follows:
- Self-employed and companies with up to three employees can request up to 2,000 euros of aid.
- Self-employed persons and companies with between three and nine employees may request up to 6,000 euros of aid.
- Self-employed workers and companies with 10 to 50 employees can apply for up to 12,000 euros.
The objective of these government grants is to finance new technologies such as hiring cybersecurity services, social network management, internet connection, the creation of e-commerce and tools to optimize the business.
To apply for these grants, you must register your business on the Acelera Pyme website, and activate your account by filling in the basic information requested on the form, such as your tax ID number, company size and contact details.
Once you receive the confirmation email, you will be able to make the digital diagnosis of your business. To do this you must complete the test that measures the degree of need of your company in digital terms.
In this test you will be able to evaluate issues related to the speed of your Internet connection, the IT security of your business, the impact of your company’s social networks, and answer other questions related to the technologies required by your company.
How to request the Digital Kit
To obtain the Digital Kit for your company or as a freelancer, you must follow the instructions provided on the web page I have indicated above.
Select the option “access the procedure”. There you must enter your digital certificate or Cl@ve and register as interested party as indicated in the form.
The “initial verifications” you are asked for are your contact information and whether you are a company or self-employed. As indicated in the order of the regulatory bases of the Digital Kit Program, it is necessary to meet specific conditions to obtain the status of beneficiary:
- To have the evaluation of the digital maturity level.
- Not to be listed as an Adherent Digitizing Agent, according to article 10 of the regulatory bases of the Digital Kit Program.
If you need legal advice to obtain the Digital Kit for your company, do not hesitate to contact us. At Duguech&Dip we can help you. Schedule an appointment with us. Call us.
This information does not constitute under any circumstances legal advice, serving only for informational purposes. In case you need professional services in Global Immigration and Mobility, please contact us.
* It should be taken into account that the regulations of any of the countries analyzed, as well as the established procedures, may change at any time and without prior notice.
© 2022 Duguech & Dip, S.L.P. – All rights reserved.