Extension of stay for studies in Spainduguech
The Extension of stay for studies is the renewal of the initial permit that allows the holder of this authorization to carry out a training activity, a university degree, an exchange for studies, research projects or to provide a volunteer service.
- It can be done personally or through a legal representative.
- The application for the Extension of Stay for studies is submitted at any Immigration Office in the province where the student is going to continue his studies.
- It must be submitted within 60 calendar days prior to the expiration date of the initial authorization, or within 90 calendar days thereafter.
- The resolution will be given during the three months following the date of submission of the application. Once this period has expired, if there is no response, it is understood that the application has not been admitted.
- If the result is favorable, the student has 30 days to request a new appointment at the Immigration Office to process the Alien Identity Card (TIE).
Requirements to apply for the extension of stay for study purposes
- Not to be a citizen of the European Union.
- Not to have a criminal record.
- Not be banned from entering Spain and not be listed as a person to be rejected in countries with which Spain has an agreement in this regard.
- Demonstrate sufficient financial means to stay in Spain as a student.
- To have a medical insurance with full coverage in Spain.
- Official certificate of achievement of the studies for which the initial authorization for the stay was granted.
- Letter of admission to a new academic program, with confirmed enrollment or place. These studies must be related to the applicant’s training and knowledge activity, and must be at the same level or higher than those already taken.
Documentation to apply for the renewal of the authorization of stay for study purposes
- Valid passport.
- Completed and signed EX – 00 application form.
- Documentation that accredits sufficient economic means for the stay.
- Medical insurance.
- Payment of the corresponding fees.
The documentation must be submitted in original and photocopy. If documents in other languages are provided, they must be translated into Spanish in the co-official language of the territory where the procedure is being carried out.
Did you know that the renewal also includes your family members?
And if you want to do a different training than yours, will they give you the renewal?
In Duguech&Dip we are here to solve your doubts regarding the renewal of your stay for studies and other legal procedures in Spain. Schedule an appointment with us. We are waiting for you. Call us.
Legal Notice: Since legal advice must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case, and laws are constantly changing, nothing on this article should be used as a substitute for the advice of competent legal counsel. The content on this article is offered only as information. And does not constitute solicitation or provision of legal advice. You should always consult a suitably qualified lawyer regarding any specific legal problem or matter.
© 2022 Duguech & Dip, S.L.P. – All rights reserved.