Extension of control at internal land, air and sea borders
29 May, 2020duguech
Due to the health crisis situation caused by COVID-19, the Government extends the controls temporarily restored at the internal land, air and maritime borders during the state of alarm and its possible extensions.
According to the Official State Gazette (BOE), only the following people will be allowed to enter Spanish territory through internal borders:
- Spanish citizens.
- Residents in Spain who must prove their habitual residence.
- Residents in other Member States or Schengen Associated States going to their place of residence.
- Cross-border workers.
- Healthcare or elderly care professionals who go to carry out their work activity.
- Those who are going to remain in Spanish territory for any other exclusively labor reason, including seasonal workers, provided that it is documentary proof.
- Those that document documentary causes of force majeure or a situation of need.
These measures are not applicable to foreign personnel accredited as members of diplomatic missions, consular offices and international organizations based in Spain. This provided that they are displacements linked to the performance of their official duties.
Likewise, the transport of goods, including the crew of ships, is excluded. The objective is to ensure the provision of maritime transport services and fishing activity; nor the aeronautical personnel necessary to carry out commercial air transport activities. It will be an indispensable condition that these people have the immediate continuation of the trip assured.
This information does not constitute legal advice under any circumstances, serving only for informational purposes. In case you need professional services in the field of Global Immigration and Mobility, contact us.
* It must be taken into account that the regulations of any of the countries analyzed, as well as the established procedures, may change at any time and without prior notice.
© 2020 Duguech & Dip, S.L.P. – All rights reserved