Do you know if a visa is necessary to travel to other countries?
When you are going to make a trip abroad – whether for studies, tourism or business – you need to be informed about the current situation and the legal conditions of entry to the country of destination, in order to avoid problems in arrival.
Not all countries have free movement of people and not all citizens have the same mobility conditions. There are a series of restrictions that must be taken in mind depending on the country of origin to which one belongs.
In most of them it is necessary to issue a visa to validate a passport or other document for a specific use. This is nothing more than a certification or stamp that is put on a document (the passport) so that it can take effect and be legal. By the way, Spaniards occupy the position number 4 with a total of 156 countries without a visa according to Passport Index.
Here are the guidelines to follow before starting a trip:
- It is necessary to find out what are the necessary documents to enter the country. The basic travel document is the passport, although in some cases you can travel to a country with only the National Identity Document (NID). It must be taken into account (as already mentioned) that there are countries that require a visa; In this case, you must inform yourself at the Consulate or Consular Section of the Embassy of the country of destination accredited in the country of origin.
- The application for a visa may require additional documentation, so it is necessary to start processing it well in advance. In this way, the required documentation can be collected and the concession term can be met (depends on each country).
Four mistakes that can be incurred and for which they will deny the visa:
- The passport has expired. It is the first thing to be fixed, because if it has expired, they will deny the visa.
- The passport is not valid enough. It is very important to verify that the passport does not expire during the trip, as it will cause problems in the return.
- The passport does not have enough sheets. It is vital that the passport has at least one blank sheet to be able to issue the visa. It is recommended to check how many are required in the country of destination.
- The passport is damaged: It must always be in perfect condition
Once the visa is granted, the trip can be made without concern. However, we must pay attention to the entry and exit regulations of each country; as well as free mobility agreements between certain countries.
Duguech & Dip Worldwide Legal Services supplies a complete range of personalized solutions in the immigration field by providing support and advice to businesses and individuals to remain fully compliant with local and international laws.
Legal Notice: Since legal advice must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case, and laws are constantly changing, nothing on this article should be used as a substitute for the advice of competent legal counsel. The content on this article is offered only as information and does not constitute solicitation or provision of legal advice. You should always consult a suitably qualified lawyer regarding any specific legal problem or matter.
© 2018 Duguech & Dip, S.L.P. – All rights reserved