Criteria for denying entry to the EUduguech
On July 1, 2020, travel restrictions were officially lifted for citizens of the European Union and their families. That is, from this date free transit is allowed. However, there are limitations that are imposed on third-country nationals who wish to mobilize under the criteria of “non-essential travel”.
The restriction measure takes effect on July 22 and runs through July 30. It is applicable to all third-country foreigners who wish to enter any EU country or associated Shengen State, except those who meet the following criteria:
- Usual residents in the European Union, Schengen Associated States, Andorra, Monaco, The Vatican or San Marino.
- Holders of a long-term visa issued by a Member State or Schengen Associated State.
- Health professionals, including health researchers and senior care professionals.
- Transport, marine and aeronautical personnel necessary to carry out air transport activities.
- Diplomatic, consular, international, military, civil protection and members of humanitarian organizations.
- Students who study in the Member States or associated Schengen and who have permission or visa and medical insurance.
- Highly qualified workers whose work is necessary and cannot be postponed or carried out remotely.
- People traveling for imperative family reasons.
- People who prove reasons of force majeure or need, or whose entry is allowed for humanitarian reasons.
- Residents of: Algeria, Australia, Canada, Georgia, Japan, Morocco, New Zealand, Rwanda, South Korea, Thailand, Tunisia, Uruguay and China.
If you want more information about the travel restrictions or the sanitary control measures imposed, consult our website, or contact Duguech & Dip.
This information does not constitute legal advice under any circumstances, serving only for informational purposes. In case you need professional services in the field of Global Immigration and Mobility, contact us.
* It should be borne in mind that the regulations of any of the countries analyzed, as well as the established procedures, may change at any time and without prior notice.
© 2020 Duguech & Dip, S.L.P. – All rights reserved